POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG Challenge : Re: CSG Challenge Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Challenge
From: Shay
Date: 26 Jul 2013 10:02:14
Message: <51f28166$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka"  wrote in message news:51f27f3b@news.povray.org...

Am 26.07.2013 15:12, schrieb Shay:

>> If linear prisms are allowed, will curved prisms be allowed as well?

> Why, yes, of course.

But not triangles? Patches?

> I have no problem with you considering this an art form of its own, but
> assigning this concept to the term "CSG scene" is like assigning the
> concept of haikus to the word "poetry": Sure, every haiku qualifies as
> poetry, but if you ask me to write poetry don't necessarily expect me to
> write a haiku.

Maybe we need a third term. There's even some disagreement about what
qualifies as a haiku.

I'm just exploring what would be the most fun sandbox for a side-challenge
round of the tcrtc. I think we agree that some explication of "csg scene"
would be useful. It's all up to Thomas in the end, of course.

-Shay