POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG Challenge : Re: CSG Challenge Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Challenge
From: Shay
Date: 26 Jul 2013 09:01:52
Message: <51f27340$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka"  wrote in message news:51f250db$1@news.povray.org...

> You mean cases where two vertices of one patch coincide?

No, cases where more or less than four patches meet at one corner. C2 is
(afaict) impossible in most of these cases. The great thing about mesh is
that you can cheat a little bit to make things look near-perfect, even when
they're not. I'd like to *tell* the patch what its normal vectors are,
rather than having these vectors calculated by POV-ray.

> I'd rather have genuine triangular bicubic patches.

That too, but you'd have a hard time using them without the flexibility of
"normal maps".