POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal : Re: POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:51:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2013 07:17:43
Message: <51f25ad7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.07.2013 12:24, schrieb Le_Forgeron:

>  From my understanding of proposal, the scene has better check each of
> the used features (until they becomes official in some ulterior official
> release, at which time the scene would need at least to be updated to
> switch from patch identification to usual version identification)

Actually I hope this mechanism will become part of official POV-Ray
itself; future official versions would then also identify all those
patches that have made it into the official version, so that scenes
relying on any of those patches can be rendered with official POV-Ray
without change (provided of course the patch was integrated without
modifications).