POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Jar : Re: Glass Jar Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Jar
From: James Holsenback
Date: 24 Jul 2013 20:28:11
Message: <51f0711b$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/24/2013 08:15 PM, Alain wrote:

>>>    IIRC, for the pills pot image
>>> (http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/take-your-meds/wips/prescription-05.jpg)
>>>

>>> my solution was to let the pills fall just in front of the pot, which
>>> was already tipped over and empty: a few pills entered into the pot, so
>>> it ended looking as if it was tipped over while filled with pills.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jaime
>>>

>> Good idea ... I like this distribution much better! I'm not sure what
>> happened to the sslt on a couple of the candies. Maybe I should not have
>> done a separate photon run, then picked up he sslt later.
>
> Nice.
>
> To enhence the impression that the jar was toppled over, I'd place the
> lid upside down and relocate it in front of the jar's oppening.

Yep ... I was considering that, but have resisted since I like the
detail on the top of the lid. Maybe photons will show some of that on
the ground plane ... OK you convinced me!

> It still look as if the grout is casting shadows on the tiles. Have you
> tried negating your bormals or bump papping?

OK /now/ I get what you were talking about. I think it's a color_map
issue. I /was/ trying to do some transition shading. I'll have to double
my settings.