POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Jar : Re: Glass Jar Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Jar
From: James Holsenback
Date: 20 Jul 2013 13:31:39
Message: <51eac97b@news.povray.org>

http://www.blender-models.com/model-downloads/objects/id/decorative-oct-glass-jar-ver-3/

>>> I think I'm going to try to separate the lid from the rest of the jar,
>>> and place it on the ground plane, with a few other objects
>>
>> well i managed to get the lid separated from the jar ... and the
>> additional objects started out as jelly beans, but traditional jb colors
>> just didn't seem to go with the rest of the objects, i went to pastels
>> colors. now i think they look like jordan almonds. i like the
>> subsurface, so i think i'll probably end up making the candies more
>> almond shaped.
>
> I'd like to see the gelly beans version.
>
> A question:
> Why does the grout between the tiles protude above them?

the grout a normal (tiling pattern slope map) ... this version used
radiosity and i'm considering using a fill light instead. the shadows
look kind of flat-ish around some of the candies as well. maybe that's
contributing to what you're seeing.