POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity interact with scattering Media? : Re: Radiosity interact with scattering Media? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity interact with scattering Media?
From: Alain
Date: 19 Jul 2013 16:41:59
Message: <51e9a497$1@news.povray.org>

> Is there any way to get Radiosity to interact with scattering Media?
>
> In the left side of the attached image I have a point light inside a
> media-filled shell and it looks the way I would expect.
>
> On the right side I replace the light with a white sphere with ambient 1 and
> turn on radiosity...in this case the light doesn't interact with the scattering
> media at all.
>
> Is there a way to do it?

Short answer: No.

Currently, there is no way to have scattering media illuminated by
radiosity alone.

I don't think that there are any simple workaround.

A possibility would be to add some emissive media with a spherical
pattern properly scalled and using a poly_wave 0.5 to simulate the
natural fading of light.

Alain