POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell has officially frozen over : Re: Hell has officially frozen over Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hell has officially frozen over
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Jul 2013 16:21:59
Message: <51e99fe7$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:19:26 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> Fun fact: For three months the estate agent has been promising me that
>>> the contract would appear in the next day or so. Every time a
>>> difference excuse as to why it hasn't happened yet, but "it's fixed
>>> now". On Monday my mother phoned them and suggested that I might pull
>>> out of the deal. By Friday of the same week, the contract had
>>> appeared.
>>
>> Sounds like the tactic your mother used is something to learn from. ;)
>
> It's astonishingly how quickly people can make stuff happen if they
> think there's money involved...

More accurately, if they think they're going to lose money. ;)

But yes, what your mother did is something to keep in mind.  They want
you to continue to be a customer, and if you decide that they're wasting
your time and are going to leave, if there's enough money in it for them
to react in a way other than "OK, see'ya", they'll get things moving.

There are always plenty of estate agents and solicitors around, so that's
a tactic that can work well in cases like this.

Jim