POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell has officially frozen over : Re: Hell has officially frozen over Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hell has officially frozen over
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Jul 2013 01:28:11
Message: <51e8ce6b$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/07/2013 11:51 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> three seventy-seconds of one inch
>
> I think that at least *some* Americans realize how ridiculous the
> imperial measurement system is. It's a petty that resistance to change
> is such a huge psychological phenomenon that it's not going to change
> any time soon.

Thus Spake Zarathustra.

The imperial system was not developed to make calculations easier but
people's lives easier. If you have been brought up with it you will know
how it describes the external world in a way that relates to human
scales. I use both at work and at home and I much prefer inches and feet
to centimetres and meters. It also has a sense of poetry to it.
So if it makes you think how many feet to a mile (5280) is that a bad thing?

--
Regards
     Stephen