POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : EoG: Pyroclastic flow : Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EoG: Pyroclastic flow
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Jul 2013 00:45:29
Message: <51e8c469@news.povray.org>
On 18/07/2013 5:39 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> I would have expected it to look as if the internals were rolling like a
>> hydrocarbon fire.
>
> A pyroclastic flow is not a hydrocarbon fire.

I don't think that I said it was cuz.
But after watching the video Michael posted a link to. I thing billowing
is a better way of putting it. I was surprised that the cloud like
structure look very stable as it was moving at a fair percentage of the
speed of sound. About 25% roughly.
You tend to describe things in terms of what you know and I have seen a
lot of gas being flared off.

> ardentes.  The glow is difficult to see in daylight, but I have seen it in video

> local news for me.)  The edge of the flow, where it contacts the ground, looks
> like glowing embers.

I remember it it made the news here, in the UK, big time. Did you have
to evacuate?

--
Regards
     Stephen