POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: scott
Date: 17 Jul 2013 03:52:52
Message: <51e64d54$1@news.povray.org>
>> The only reason I left the sphere object in there is because in mcpov
>> you can't use light_sources, you are forced to model a sun as a very
>> bright sphere.
>
> ... which is a huge drawback of MCPOV, if I'm asked. The ideal solution
> would be to have the best of both worlds.

Indeed - bring it on! :-)

The other obvious drawback is that you need to run multiple instances of
MCPOV (all started at least 1 second apart as I found out...) to make
good use of modern CPUs, then merge the images afterwards. I've
automated this process but it's still not as good as being able to do it
all in one program and see the results in real time.