POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost my hammer... : Re: Lost my hammer... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost my hammer...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Jul 2013 07:03:43
Message: <51e2858f$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-7-2013 22:18, Samuel Benge wrote:
>> Do you have the pick or shovel model?
>
> The pick model, just like the one in your most recent rendering, only less rusty
> ;)
>
> My brother did happen to find me an old army spade. Great tool; the shovel part
> folds back into the wooden handle, so it just barely fits into my backpack. My
> prospecting toolkit now has four implements: rock hammer; shovel; flat head
> screwdriver; screen (1/4" carpenter's cloth + narrow steel rods for edge
> support). All that extra weight means I'm going to need a backpack frame,
> though. Don't know if I should buy one or make one yet... I might go with an
> Alice pack, like the ones the US military uses.

Those spades are great indeed. I had one too. It can also be fixed
perpendicular to the handle for shovelling sand rapidly.

I need to model a backpack now...

>> I am not going much places anymore these days...
>
> That's a shame! You've got to get out there sometime :)

Oh well. I have done my lot of travelling over the world. Nowadays I am
just content to watch other people going places. ;-)

>> Next, with the hammer and some flying dust.
>
> Nice! I love the irony :)

<grin>

> That reminds me, just this week I was playing with Blender's smoke simulation. I
> have now managed to get smoke from Blender to actually render in POV-Ray. (I
> think somebody was asking about that very same thing awhile ago in p.general,
> but explaining my process is probably going to require a tutorial, and I'm not
> up for that right now.)

All the more reasons for me to get a grip on Blender. :-)

Thomas