POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Saved : Re: Saved Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saved
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 11 Jul 2013 20:20:59
Message: <51df4beb$1@news.povray.org>

> Francois Labreque wrote:
>>
>> Accidentally?
>
> Yep, the story sais accidentally. IIRC they commented something like "Oh
> my, did we do so? That must have been an accident, we surely didn't mean
> to".

So a car that drives around taking pictures also accidentally is
listening on the 2.4GHz band.  That's plausible, if they're wifi-ing the
images from the roof cameras to the computers in the trunk of the car.

And it's also accidentally recording all the SSIDs it finds.  That is
explanable by the fact that they might be debugging their code as they
go along, so they're also running a wifi-enabled packet sniffer at the
same time.

And it's also accidentally recording the mac addresses associated with
that SSID.  Still in the realm of possibly accidental.

And it's also associating the GPS coordinates where that SSID/Mac combo
was seen.  Now we've moved into definite deliberate territory.

Speaking of Google Maps,
[Cool Story Bro]
I'm in the burgundy civic, behind the dump truck!

https://maps.google.com/?ll=45.562344,-73.776273&spn=0.001775,0.00327&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=45.562258,-73.776526&panoid=R4l3vadp1A5GaaJblfilqA&cbp=12,23.81,,0,31.71

[/CSB]