POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lost my hammer... : Re: Lost my hammer... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost my hammer...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Jul 2013 07:29:29
Message: <51de9719@news.povray.org>
On 11-7-2013 9:40, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 11-7-2013 0:57, Samuel Benge wrote:
>> I'm not sure increasing the max_gradient is necessary, as all that
>> does is fill
>> in the holes. If anything, you may need to lower the isosurface's
>> accuracy if
>> you intend to lower the radiosity's count.
>
> I am indeed also using a max_gradient of 10 in my scene. THe accuracy
> presently is 0. As radiosity count I use the adaptive method, presently
> 50, 1000. I generally leave it at that, but I probably can lower the
> lower end more. I shall test that.

Just a quick note.

I am not correct when I say adaptive /count/. It should be adaptive
/nearest_count/ of course, for which I use the values 10, 5.

After a quick test, I see that I can get away with a much lower count
value. In general, I think I am using too high radiosity settings in my
scenes as I generally leave them at settings I consider as my defaults...

Thomas