POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mad skillz : Re: Mad skillz Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mad skillz
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 7 Jul 2013 08:56:26
Message: <51d9657a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> The top-rated comment... is Jurassic Park. ;-)

Yes, yes it is. I was just thinking the other day that I should watch
the first 2 again, haven't seen them in ages.

> Ooo, that reminds me... My boss found a video clip from some TV drama or
> other. One girl asks why she can't access her email. The other says
> "have you tried using the IP address?", and proceeds to type four
> numbers, none of which is less than 250. (Why the **** have you
> memorised an IP address anyway?!)

If you use them enough, you'll just simply remember them. At my first
real job (which I quitted in 2002) the main DNS server was
194.252.199.200, for example.

> This gives me an idea... Such a sequence of numbers is a potentially
> valid DNS name - assuming there's a TLD called 572. If we could set one
> up, that would MESS WITH PEOPLE'S MINDS! (...and probably reveal a bug
> or two in the various software for parsing URLs.)

Ohh, I do like the idea. But can the domain- or hostnames contain only
numbers? Hostnames ones wasn't allowed to start with one, but AFAIK
that's overruled now.