POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Jar : Re: Glass Jar Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Jar
From: James Holsenback
Date: 3 Jul 2013 07:34:41
Message: <51d40c51@news.povray.org>
On 07/02/2013 06:41 PM, s.day wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> Oh and I had opportunity for an unexpected extra test. We had a storm
>> roll through and lost power for a few minutes. My 1st response was CRAP
>> eight hours down the drain, but the I remembered +C option.
>
> Nice doyley, how exactly do you make such an object? The glass jar looks good as
> well of course.

It's been in my toolbox for sometime now, and I've used it several
times. It found an image of the doily on a black background. In GIMP I
did select by color and was able to get enough of the image to cut then
paste into a new image that I placed on a transparent background then ...

#declare DoilyPattern =
pigment {
	image_map {
		png "doily.png"
		once
		}
	}

#declare Doily =
box { <0,0,0> <1,1,0.001>
	texture {
		pigment { DoilyPattern }
		finish { diffuse 0.5 emission 0.01}
		}
	translate <-0.5,-0.5,0>
	rotate x*90
	translate y*0.005
	}

object { Doily scale <5,1,5>

the last translate in y direction helped with the appearance of
thickness as it casts a shadow underneath.

I've attached the image ... hope you can find it useful in one of your
scenes

> The +C option is IMO one of the most important features in POV, especially with
> some of my renders that run for several days. Has saved me smashing my
> PC/desk/anything else nearby on many an occasion ;-)

indeed

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'doily.png' (626 KB)