POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface rocks and slope texture : Isosurface rocks and slope texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface rocks and slope texture
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Jul 2013 07:17:11
Message: <51d40837@news.povray.org>
I am experimenting with isosurfaces to make rock landscapes, using as a
basis my arcane Geomorph macro of several years ago.

I am fairly satisfied with the rocks, but I have difficulties with the
texture. I use a slope/altitude texture where I would like the grass to
show on the /upper/ sides of rock ridges and not on the /underside/ as
it does now. I tried different settings but to no avail. This is the
code I use for the shown image:

texture {
   slope {
     <0.0, 0.3, 0.0> , 0.0 , 0.5
     altitude <0, 1-0.3, 0.0> , LowerBound , UpperBound
   }
   texture_map {
     [0.60 Grass]
     [0.65 Soil]
     [0.80 Rocks]
   }
}

Any idea how I could achieve what I want? The difficulty imo resides
with the use of isosurfaces which have overhangs. A height_field would
be easier in this case.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'elements of geology5_03c.png' (432 KB)

Preview of image 'elements of geology5_03c.png'
elements of geology5_03c.png