POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Jar : Glass Jar Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Glass Jar
From: James Holsenback
Date: 1 Jul 2013 14:34:38
Message: <51d1cbbe@news.povray.org>
I'm testing a user contributed fix related to
http://bugs.povray.org/task/287 and thought the image was cool enough to
share. It's a work in progress so I'm not entirely sure where it will
end up.

Oh and I had opportunity for an unexpected extra test. We had a storm
roll through and lost power for a few minutes. My 1st response was CRAP
eight hours down the drain, but the I remembered +C option. Since the
scene has photons I just loaded the already generated photon map instead
of regenerating the map, and then enabled continue trace and she
finished up the last ten minutes of the render without a hitch!

Jim
---
PS: the fix probably won't make it into 3.7.0 release because of code
freeze.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (927 KB)