POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A solution in search of a problem : Re: A solution in search of a problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A solution in search of a problem
From: scott
Date: 27 Jun 2013 03:58:51
Message: <51cbf0bb$1@news.povray.org>
> Actually this is Haskell. But if it isn't too difficult, I could write
> some C# to actually graph the data once it's in a CSV file...

Seems a bit of an overkill if you don't already have a C# app running.

If you don't mind it being in Excel then that would be the easiest way
to go, as already discussed here. Haskell writes CSV to known file,
fires up a "template" Excel file that has an onload macro to import the
csv. You might also want to reset the filename so the user doesn't
accidentally overwrite your template.

If you don't want to use macros then you could use COM to open up the
Excel file and then put the data directly into the Excel file (rather
than writing it to a csv first). Don't know if this is possible in
Haskell, in C# something like this will work:

Excel.Application app = new Excel.Application();
app.Workbooks.Open(@"C:\tem### [at] exls")
app.Cells[5,5] = 500