POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you like rum : Re: If you like rum Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you like rum
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jun 2013 05:11:56
Message: <51c6bbdc@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The problem with your point of view is that you totally fail to take
> into account that use of alcohol inhibits your ability to judge the
> situation.

Still with the false dichotomy. Either you don't drink at all, or you
drink so much that it inhibits your judgment. There's no in-between.

This is precisely the reason why it irks me when people say that they
don't drink and never will. They always have these false notions that
it's either-or.

And because you will misinterpret the above statement, let me explain in
more detail: It doesn't bother me in any way if someone doesn't drink
alcohol at all. Heck, the last time *I* drinked any alcoholic beverage
was probably over a year ago. The reason I don't drink almost anything
at all is because I just don't like the taste of almost any such beverage.
(Perhaps the alcoholic beverage that I find the least awful is white wine,
and even that depends a lot on the wine. And wine is quite expensive here
so there isn't a lot of motivation for me to be bying it.)

No, what bothers me is the extremely common wrong reasons why many people
are complete absolutists. They present all these false dichotomies and
hasty generalizations.

If you don't want to drink then don't. That's fine. Just don't use
fallacious logic to argue for it.

--
                                                          - Warp