POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Want to attach one object to another : Re: Want to attach one object to another Server Time
25 Jun 2024 20:52:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Want to attach one object to another
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jun 2013 09:47:16
Message: <51c45964@news.povray.org>
On 21/06/2013 1:25 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> then maybe the once keyword isn't appropriate

Taking into account that the label does not use the full circumference
of a cylinder. I created a CSG intersection and tried to map that. I
found it very difficult to get the scaling right. My usual method of
doing this is to pad the outside of the image with a transparent colour
so that there are no transformations to worry about. Only working out
the size of the image within an image. I've never been happy with doing
that, though.

So I used a bi-cubic patch and planer mapping, that worked better.

I would like to see an example using cylindrical mapping so that image
was fully visible on only part of the surface.

--
Regards
     Stephen