POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jun 2013 11:06:05
Message: <51bf25dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 17-6-2013 16:45, scott wrote:
> If you want to post your two scene files (the one that renders correctly
> and the one that has the bright blobs) then I'll take a look and see if
> I can figure out what's going on.

It is very simple: the only thing to do is to comment out the /1000 at
the end of the SunPos() declaration in your scene file. You may want to
add the radiosity code (below).

As radiosity I use:

   radiosity {
     pretrace_start 0.08
     pretrace_end   0.004
     count 50, 1000
     nearest_count 10, 5
     error_bound 1
     recursion_limit 2
     low_error_factor .3
     gray_threshold 0.0
     minimum_reuse 0.015
     maximum_reuse 0.1
     brightness 1
     adc_bailout 0.01/2
     normal off
     media off
     always_sample off
     //max_sample 1.0
   }

Note that without the divisor, the sun sphere (when switched on) becomes
invisible somehow.

Thomas