POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth : Re: Today's mirth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's mirth
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 12 Jun 2013 15:45:48
Message: <51b8cfec$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/06/2013 10:22 AM, scott wrote:
>> hurt their business either. It seems to me that there's nothing I can do
>> at this point which will actually harm them, hence they don't give a
>> damn whether I'm happy or not. There's no profit in it, and there's no
>> penalty for failure.
>
> I hope you're on a no-sale-no-fee contract with them? If so then they do
> have a lot to lose (ie their entire fee plus the costs of any
> surveys/documents they've already purchased on your behalf). At any
> point you could just walk away - it's in their interest to make sure you
> don't do that.

Basically, the estate agents get paid commission for recommending a
mortgage to me, they get paid commission for recommending an insurance
package to me, that get paid commission for recommending a conveyancer
to me. They have already received all of this money - regardless of
whether I ever get me house or not. As far as I can tell, there is
literally no profit in it for them if the sale completes. Indeed, if the
sale falls through, they can then sell the house to somebody else, and
get another bunch of commission. So arguably it's *better* for them if
the sale fails...

As far as my end goes, I've paid a small up-front fee. The rest isn't
payable until I get the keys - if that ever occurs. So it doesn't matter
so much; I'm just tired of waiting, that's all. More than that, I
wouldn't mind waiting if the processing takes too long, but I object to
waiting when nothing is actually happening because nobody gives a fig...