POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minor adjustments : Re: Minor adjustments Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minor adjustments
From: Sean Day
Date: 12 Jun 2013 05:09:58
Message: <51b83ae6$1@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback wrote:
> i like it ... nice texture work!

Thanks, I am pretty pleased with how it is going, I had a bit of an
issue when nesting texture_maps where suddenly the performance
completely dropped off. (I actually gave up waiting for the first square
of the image to appear to even see the results). Not really sure what it
was as the same nested texture map worked OK on a simple sphere scene.

If I can workout how to reliably reproduce the issue in a less complex
scene I will post a message as it may be a bug (it really was that bad a
drop in performance).

Sean