POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth : Re: Today's mirth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's mirth
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 12 Jun 2013 03:52:21
Message: <51b828b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/06/2013 05:26 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> How's the new house/flat?

Oh yeah. I'd almost forgotten about that...

Well, every time I talk to my solicitors, they say they're waiting for
the other side. And every time I talk to the estate agents, they promise
me they'll call Monday and tell me what the **** is actually going on.
I've emailed them, I've phoned them, I've physically walked into the
branch... Basically, it seems to me that they've got their commission
now, and they don't actually give a damn any more.

For weeks they've been telling me "Steve is dealing with it; I'll get
him to call you on Monday". I have no definitive proof that "Steve" is
an actual human being who actually exists. I've never seen him or heard
from him. In fact, on my last visit, I got told "Steve doesn't work here
any more; Dave is dealing with it now".

Seven times I've been promised a progress update, and zero times have
they kept their promise. I'd threaten to file a complaint, but that
won't hurt them. I'd threaten to cancel the transaction, but that won't
hurt their business either. It seems to me that there's nothing I can do
at this point which will actually harm them, hence they don't give a
damn whether I'm happy or not. There's no profit in it, and there's no
penalty for failure.

However, on Monday, after multiple calls and emails, somebody FINALLY
gave me a reply. According to the nervous little Asian guy who is
apparently supposed to be chasing this to completion, the other side's
solicitors sent the guy some forms, he filled them in and mailed them
back, and the solicitors never actually received them. So now they're
mailing him another copy, so he can fill them in and mail them back
again. And then maybe - just maybe - everybody will stop waiting around,
and some actual progress will start to happen. But don't hold your
breath. (Assuming this entire story is even real, and it's just made up
nonsense to get me off their backs...)

Six to twelve weeks? Try a year and a half. I said at the beginning that
this would take many months to complete, and so far I see no evidence to
the contrary.