POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elements of Geology 1 : Re: Elements of Geology 1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elements of Geology 1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jun 2013 03:33:42
Message: <51b82456$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-6-2013 22:08, MichaelJF wrote:
> May be you can raise the camera a bit. The figure at the top is very hard to
> recognize, even if it will be not at a realistic scale, try to double it's size.
> Sometimes such things are working visually. E.g. the flamingoes in my "Rock 'n'
> Roll" scene (Sphinx-Round) are some 5 meters high. No one has noticed this so
> far and recogniced just flamingoes. I use this very carefully but sometimes it
> helps.

Yes, the camera is a bit too low indeed and needs to clear the grass. I
also have often used that trick with sizes, even to gradually scaling up
objects with distance. The eyes are completely fooled. I may do this
here too, but then I also need to adjust the size of trees up there. On
the other hand, I wanted to give a measure of the sheer size of the
cliff itself...

> Otherwise I cannot see a real flaw with this one. The only idea I came up with
> is that you posted an idea to texture the leafs of trees with different colors
> some months ago and that this one could be a good test for this idea.

Thanks for your kind comments. Not too bad then after all. Concerning
the leaves, yes, I might try that although my technique was not as good
as Norbert Kern's. However, excellent suggestion. Some work to do then ;-)

Thomas