POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cyrillics! How to use? : Re: Cyrillics! How to use? Server Time
28 May 2024 16:50:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cyrillics! How to use?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 Jun 2013 09:58:15
Message: <51b489f7$1@news.povray.org>
LanuHum wrote:

> How to use ways and the files called in the native language?
> It is always convenient to call textures, materials and objects in language
> which very badly you understand.

As with most programming languages, I think this is not possible.
Syntactic identifiers are usually restricted to underscore, digits,
and the letters A-Z or a-z.

For use in text strings (e.g. to render kyrillic text {} object)
you can set the "charset" option to "utf8". You might even use this
to store objects in a "dictionary" based on an array of objects and
an array of (kyrillic) names, but that is not too convenient either.