POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2013 03:44:50
Message: <51b43272$1@news.povray.org>
Question:

For the visible Sun, you give: #local SunRadius = vlength(sp)/214.8;

I seem to remember that Cousin Ricky evaluated the apparent size of the
Sun as to be twice as much, i.e.: #local SunRadius = vlength(sp)*2/214.8;

I don't know who is right or wrong but personally I prefer the larger
size :-) Somehow, it looks more like the natural aspect of the Sun, but
that may very well not be at all objective.

Thomas