POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image to "strange experience with the perspective camera and very large hei= : Re: Image to "strange experience with the perspective camera and very large hei= Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image to "strange experience with the perspective camera and very large hei=
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2013 03:18:12
Message: <51b42c34@news.povray.org>
I read your message and I am almost sure this is an epsilon problem,
same as when Bill Pragnell and me, and others, modelled the Ringworld a
couple of years ago. For the POV version then in use, an unofficial
patch was issued, but the problem appeared again with the 3.7 version
and, as far as I know, has not been corrected. It is a simple matter of
a more accurate epsilon value. Strictly speaking this is not a bug and
you can try to avoid the problem by scaling down the HF and elevate the
camera a bit more until it disappears. Personally I feel that as an
inelegant solution though, and I would much prefer an appropriate
epsilon value.

Thomas