POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth : Re: Today's mirth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's mirth
From: scott
Date: 7 Jun 2013 02:57:39
Message: <51b18463$1@news.povray.org>
>> Some people write "your" when they really mean "you're". This mistake is
>> kind of understandable.
>
> Not really.  If you know that "you're" is a contraction of "you are",
> it's very easy to see when it's being misused:

For me at least when I'm typing quickly I sometimes type words that
sound the same or similar to what I'm meant to be typing. Mostly I catch
these during a quick re-read but sometimes they slip through. As well as
the obvious homophones I've put "to" instead of "do", "works" instead of
"words" and things like that. It's not that I don't know the correct
word, just that I typed it wrong. (LOL even then I had to correct "no"
to "not" before hitting send...)