POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth : Re: Today's mirth Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's mirth
From: James Holsenback
Date: 6 Jun 2013 06:09:33
Message: <51b05fdd$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/06/2013 03:51 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 12:32 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> automated systems ... don't get me started!!!!
>
> I think I may have mentioned before, how all job adverts seem to be
> appallingly badly written.

I recently did a bit of web page design, and spent more time being the
grammar police than I did on the actual layout and style-sheet. The
grammar was to say the least atrocious ... for example a six clause
comma separated list, that I cleaned up with a well crafted lead in
sentence, followed by a bullet list. The copy was also littered with
sentences that ended with prepositions. I was shocked, considering what
the web-site was selling! Ms Bonham, my 5th grade English teacher, must
be rolling over in her grave.