POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth : Re: Today's mirth Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's mirth
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Jun 2013 17:27:43
Message: <51afad4f$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/06/2013 10:19 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:54:09 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> I don't even know where to start with this. How could someone get basic
>> English words so badly wrong?
>
> Must've been educated in the US. ;)
>
> (I had someone send me an e-mail today that used "no" instead of "know" -
> seriously....)

Maybe. But that's an email. We're talking about a CV here - a document
that is a) only a page long, and b) should have been proof-read to
within an inch of it's life many, many times over. WHAT THE HELL?!

We had another amusing one, actually... Instead of listing all the
skills he DOES have, he listed all the skills he DOES NOT have. (??!)

In fact, on closer inspection, what he *actually* did was make a
bullet-point for each requirement in the job spec. It's just that most
of them here "no experience with X", which made it seems like a list of
non-skills.

My boss nearly replied to the job agent pointing out that the CV had
missed out the non-skill of "CV writing"...