POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Lego Star Wars Minifigures : Re: More Lego Star Wars Minifigures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Lego Star Wars Minifigures
From: Reuben Pearse
Date: 2 Jun 2013 13:01:12
Message: <51ab7a58@news.povray.org>
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the comments. I think the Lego models are *too* shiny. I started
investigating sub-surface scattering, but didn't really get very far. I
tried adding a finish that uses a subsurface setting, but it didn't seem to
make any difference. I've probably got the settings wrong. Does SSS work
when using HDR lighting?

I've uploaded the original version of a render of Qui-Gon Jinn to my
website - I'm using POV-Ray v3.7 RC7
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego/models/qui-gonjinn/

Perhaps you could take a look at how SSS could be applied?

Thanks in advance

Reuben