POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion : Re: Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jun 2013 10:08:04
Message: <51ab51c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/06/2013 11:26 AM, Mr wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> I wish there were some way to get in touch with the addon developers. To
>> get some ground rules for it.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> I don't know if you mean the Blender to POV-Ray exporter addon or another one,
> but if you do, I am currently responsible / guilty :-)
> for maintaining it.

Thanks Mr

Yes, that was the one.

> For basic usage, from the user preference window where you activate the addon,
> there is a link to this help page:
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray
>
> There are many instructions for the addon there but also in the tooltips when
> you hover your mouse on any of the interface buttons or field. Also feel free to
> ask me questions directly, note that there is now also a POV-Ray usergroup over
> at the blenderartists.org forum.

Thank you, I have read the page and have joined the forum. I had been
waiting until I had more experience with Blender so not to post too many
simple questions.

> About the earlier question on command line arguments, as the exporter wiki
> states it, the Blender interface shows a "command line switches" field, it
> behaves just like the command line of POV editors:
>
> Command line switches allow some command line arguments to be passed to POV-Ray.
> Arguments are separated by spaces. Command line switches consist of a / (Slash),
> + (plus) or - (minus) sign, followed by one or more alphabetic characters and
> possibly a numeric value.
> /EXIT is a good default there.

Yes /exit would be a good default I am using the option in PovRay to
exit after completion.

Where exactly can I find the Command line switches for exporting? (See I
said that I was new to Blender. :-) )

> If you POVers want to reach the exported POV file, uncheck OStempfiles, to point
> a directory on your hardrive where to write it.(otherwise, it's simply stored in
> Blender temp file with a random name and deleted afterwards.

Now that is good to know I have to jump through loops to get the pov
file before it was deleted. But again, where does the field live?

--
Regards
     Stephen