POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3d-wallpaper-like renderings : Re: 3d-wallpaper-like renderings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d-wallpaper-like renderings
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 May 2013 07:24:18
Message: <51a88862$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-5-2013 12:12, phwitti wrote:
> So .. in the one i uploaded, i had a problem with the reflection .. which is the
> reason, i had to post-process it (blur the reflection; and then also add grain,
> to make the editing less visible -- i didn't like to do that, but i didn't like
> to rerender it either). The problem was, that the volume-light isn't reflected.

Is the present image the post-processed one? I do not see the problem
you describe (might be me, though). This looks fine by me...

> I used media and a reflective plane:

For scattering media /always/ use the default method, which is 3. Then
/always/ use intervals 1, and as many samples as needed (second
parameter there is not taken into account). You can really crank this up
without seriously slowing the render, for example: samples 200. Render
is much much faster.

> media {
>      scattering { 1, 0.1 }
>
>      intervals 30
>      samples   10,40
>      method    1
>
>      variance   0.5/128
>      confidence 0.95
> }
>
> plane {
>      <0, 1, 0> (-3)
>      pigment { color rgbf <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0> }
>      finish { reflection 0.3}
> }
>
> so .. for future-images: Is there a way to achieve that?

Thomas