POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Unknown key Error when nesting ini files. : Re: Unknown key Error when nesting ini files. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 10:06:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unknown key Error when nesting ini files.
From: Alain
Date: 28 May 2013 16:17:25
Message: <51a510d5$1@news.povray.org>

> In v3.7 RC7;
> With reference to "2.2.8.2  Using INI Files", and sample with "MOREOPT   ;
> Read MOREOPT.INI and continue with next line".
> Including an ini file in another ini file; gives a message
> "unknown key"
> File renders ok
>
> This error was noted back 20Apr2006. Is there a fix or a work-around?

How deep are your ini files nested?
I've rendered several files with nested ini files without ever
encoutering that error message. Normaly, I hardly have any nesting
deeper than 3 or 4.

Is it possible that one ini file tries to include a file that ultimately
include it? In that case, you must have something like this:

#ifndef(This_Include)
#declare This_Include = version;
.
.
body if the include file
.
.
#end

That way, if the inc file have already been included, it won't get
parsed a second time.

Alain