POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion : Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Continuing Blender-PovRay discussion
From: Stephen
Date: 28 May 2013 03:39:03
Message: <51a45f17@news.povray.org>
On 27/05/2013 11:44 PM, James Holsenback wrote:> On 05/27/2013 10:22 AM,
Stephen wrote:
 >> FYI
 >> If I export the model as an OBJ then import it into a new scene. It will
 >> render in Pov.
 >>

 > have you tried saving as blender file ... then render? i've had some
 > problems when i import 3ds files, do some cleanup then re-export the
 > modified file as 3ds for use with poseray. some minor problems with
 > origin cleared up when i did save 1st ... then export

Not too sure what you mean when you say "saving", saving what?

If I export a mesh as 3ds then import it, some objects are displaced.
If I export a mesh as Obj then import it, it is fine.
Both methods loose any hierarchies built using "empty" objects.
Using 3ds I have to scale up by 100 after importing.
3ds imported model is not as smooth as the Obj one. (See attached image,
3ds is the one at the top. Incidentally Blender hung after Pov rendered
this and I had to cheat to render it to post it here.)

Question:
How do you pass commands from Blender to PovRay. Such as output types
and save file?
How do you pass PovRay materials in Blender?

I'm too new to Blender I should not be trying to run before I can walk.
But heigh ho! that's life.

--
Regards
     Stephen