POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass balls, via bullet physics : Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass balls, via bullet physics
From: Stephen
Date: 26 May 2013 07:58:28
Message: <51a1f8e4$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/05/2013 11:26 AM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I've seen some demos on youtube, it certainly is impressive... although the
> cells in the videos I saw seemed a little uniform to be completely realistic. I
> intend to get to grips with Blender at some point, but I feel I'll need a few
> days solid work to really consolidate the basics, especially since I've not
> really tried any triangle modellers properly before.

This is true. I spent a week just looking at tutorials before I tried to
build a model (Dan Dare's Anastasia). Although, I have still not come to
grips with Blender's Materials and Textures. Once you get to grips with
the controls Blender is, well I won't say easy to use, but very
workable. I found that it is straightforward to correct mistakes. It
does have CSG functionality but it is not as accurate as a pure
mathematical approach. As for Blender cycles I gave up on it as it is

Internal renderer.
Once you have your meshes PovRay materials can be used.

> I'd be interested to see your blender physics tests, as I'm sure others would
> too...!

Me too.

--
Regards