POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with C++ : Re: An actual C++ question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An actual C++ question
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 May 2013 13:34:58
Message: <519e5342$1@news.povray.org>
> [Our version of] GCC seems to require a command-line switch to enable
> C++11 support, so...

In other news, I may have found out why turning this on breaks GTest.
Apparently it's somehow related to a late change to the C++11 spec.
Basically VC doesn't support some feature that got added to the standard
late. (Varadic tuples or something.) That doesn't completely explain why
it compiles just fine without C++11 turned on though...