POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with C++ : Re: Adventures with C++ Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with C++
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 May 2013 13:22:33
Message: <51966759$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/05/2013 06:46 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> I can still hardly believe that this whole improbable contraption
> actually ended up WORKING in the end! o_O

The daft thing is, it turns out to actually be pretty easy to write some
C++, make a DLL out of it, and call that from C#. The actual code that
ended up in source control is both small and simple.

This belies the vast amount of man-hours it took to *arrive* at this
final arrangement. It took an absurd amount of Google searches and
trail-and-error to get the myriad of pieces to fit together just right.

In summary, it's easy when you know how. So easy, presumably, that
nobody bothers to write down how it's actually done - so the next person
who tries to do this will have the exact same problem. :-/