POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I graduated : Re: I graduated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I graduated
From: andrel
Date: 17 May 2013 12:04:47
Message: <51965511.6070109@gmail.com>
On 15-5-2013 11:47, Shay wrote:
> ... to a commercial modeler.

Still definitely a shaydid* image.

You used to code these kind of shapes by hand, are you still starting
from that?

> I started with POV-Ray well over ten years ago, but have only recently
> purchased a commercial modeler (ssk).

doesn't ring a bell

> ABX (revered former "POVver") turned
> me onto a similar modeler back in the early 00s, but I wasn't skilled
> enough(?) to justify the purchase then.
>
> Looking back, I should have taken his advice sooner. It's been well worth
> the price and, after a little practice, I can /almost/ use it with my eyes
> closed. I'm officially retired from POV, but still wanted to take my
> modeler
> for a spin with one more entry into the "Geeks Only?" series I started in
> 07.
>
> -Shay

*) that is an obscure reference to the use of 'fecit' in art, as well as
a horrible pun.

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role