POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moss : Re: moss Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moss
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 13 May 2013 20:05:07
Message: <51917fb3$1@news.povray.org>
Great image!

The blur is probably justified to simulate the photographic
effect at this scale and distance. On the other hand it can be
considered an unnecessary image defect ;) will be interesting to
see if expectations change with future light field cameras that
can achieve full focus anywhere. Anyway I think it would be
nice to see a render w/o blur for comparison.

Sean Day wrote:

> Also bumped up the focal blur quality settings a
> bit, this is the main thing that slows it down, the image with low
> quality focal blur or just AA only takes a couple of hours to trace.

For such a scene (not many reflections) focal blur could probably be
faked as post-processing based on depth image with little loss.