POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Current questions : Re: Current questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current questions
From: Warp
Date: 11 May 2013 15:46:13
Message: <518ea005@news.povray.org>
> I'd go even further and question the whole concept of passing multiple
> arguments to a function. You can't output multiple values from a
> function (unless using a tuple), so why should you input multiple values
> (unless using a tuple)?

There's basically no difference between binary operators and functions
in mathematics. A binary operator is, basically, a function taking two
values and returning one.

I don't think it's in any way incorrect in mathematics to use a function
notation for binary (or ternary, etc.) operations.

--
                                                          - Warp