POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first attempt : Re: first attempt Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: first attempt
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Apr 2013 07:25:21
Message: <517d0721$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-4-2013 11:07, Sean Day wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Not sure but have you set "uv deformation mode" in the options just
>> before going to Paint?
>>

> No, I did not spot that setting, not sure it will affect the colours
> which is the part that appears different but certainly a useful option
> to know about in the future.

Well, I investigated this option a bit further and while it works, I
find strange things when I look at the results in Poseray. For example,
in Symmetry mode, the bump mapping is not exported correctly, imo, as it
only shows on one half of the object. The colours though, seem to export
right.

I think I am going to be very careful with the Paint option for the time
being. Sculptris otoh is great for adding erosion and degrading to
building structures.

Thomas