POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Intruder! : Re: Intruder! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intruder!
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 26 Apr 2013 09:02:58
Message: <517a7b02$1@news.povray.org>

> OK, this morning went upstairs to make a piece of toast to go with my
> coffee and I couldn't find the loaf of bread I /knew/ was on the counter
> last evening ... chalked it up to loosing what little is left of my
> wits. Went about my chores and eventually noticed the empty mutilated
> wrapper on the back deck. We have pets and I also noticed bit's of bread
> in the water dish as well. My guess is that a raccoon got in through the
> pet door. Reminds me of a similar incident many moons ago. Was building
> a house in Arizona, and we were living in it while building ... it was
> only framed in. Went to bed only to be woken up by a coyote going after
> the scraps on the table.

My former boss has magnetic thingamagigs on her cats' collars so the pet
door unlocks for them, but not other peoples' cats, raccoons or other
furry critters.  Her husband used to joke that it was easy to tell his
wife worked in IT: even her cats had to have ID badges to go in and out.

A rabbit decided to spend the winter underneath my porch (and ate every
bit of our bushes that was above the snow.  My daughter was looking
forward to play with it in the yard this summer, but he's gone.