POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first attempt : Re: first attempt Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: first attempt
From: Sean Day
Date: 25 Apr 2013 18:29:05
Message: <5179ae31@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> I forgot to mention a suggestion: The color patterns on many kinds of flower
> petals seem to 'curve' towards the tip of the petal (like a focal point) rather
> than being 'linear' all the way out. Perhaps your paintings already have that to
> a degree, but the effect could use a bit more exaggeration IMO.
>
> Not all petals look that way, of course, but that's the general recollection I
> have of colorful flowers.

Yes, I did add a slight darkening towards the tip of each petal but it
did not show up as much when exported from sculptris. I am finding that
the colours viewed in sculptris do not look at all similar when
exported/rendered. I think it is something to do with the material
settings in sculptris.

I have increased this effect (maybe a bit too much though) and adjusted
the specular setting using albedo this time. The colours are quite
different with this one but I think I prefer it so far.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flower_hdr.png' (426 KB)

Preview of image 'flower_hdr.png'