POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Builtin color spaces, spectral colors? : Re: Builtin color spaces, spectral colors? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Builtin color spaces, spectral colors?
From: scott
Date: 17 Apr 2013 05:42:18
Message: <516e6e7a$1@news.povray.org>
> I do expect benefits in all areas that include colored distance-based
> attenuation, such as with fog, absorbing media (including the extinction
> effect of scattering media) and interior fading.

Won't it also vastly improve any scenes where the "light" is not
broadband, eg street lights, LEDs, lasers etc. Would fluorescent
materials be supported?

In theory colometrically correct renders could be produced which I
imagine would open up new markets for POV use (especially if combined
with an unbiased tracing option). We need something to keep increasing
those render times to keep up with new hardware :-)