POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Relocation : Re: Relocation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relocation
From: scott
Date: 16 Apr 2013 03:34:44
Message: <516cff14$1@news.povray.org>
> The idea is to reduce *unnecessary* costs.

Things aren't black and white though, it's quite rare a company is
paying anything significant for absolutely no benefit. How about things
like pay rises, pension schemes, a receptionist, IT staff, a christmas
party - necessary?

> There are times when *spending* money can actually result in drastic
> savings. Real managers understand that.

My earlier point was that if a real manager is working for a healthy
profitable company they are likely to get the money easily to do such
projects/schemes that benefit the company in the longer term. However in
a failing company the cash is likely not there to do such schemes, no
matter how good the manager is. Or rather the manager would need to
spend a disproportionate amount of time convincing senior management
that they should get rid of the receptionist and use the money for X
instead.