POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Relocation : Re: Relocation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relocation
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 15 Apr 2013 09:21:18
Message: <516bfece$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2013-04-12 17:56, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
> (This based on the fact that I work for a tiny company, and the
> financial director has made it her mission in life to never spend any
> money on anything, ever, no matter how necessary it is...)

That's her job.  By definition.

All first line managers, in all companies:  Madly trying to get more
staff to do what is asked of them.

All second line managers and above, in all companies:  Madly trying to
reduce costs and get people to do more with less.

Case in point, my employer just published their results for 2012.  They
made "only" $10G in profits, so for 2013, they need to cut costs even
more.  My boss is fighting to prevent our 3-days-a-week contractor's
contract from being cancelled as a cost cutting measure.  Apparently the
two new customer contracts that were just signed totally close to .8 FTE
more work for our team of 4 is not enough justification to keep the
contractor.  If she fails, we'll be down to 3 with 1.4 FTE more work to
do, and that makes perfect sense to the higher ups.