POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Apr 2013 03:09:37
Message: <516904b1$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-4-2013 1:56, s.day wrote:

> Oops.. sorry, I guess looking at the inside of the windows it shows radiosity
> effects, I think the shadows of the buildings on the road and to a certain
> extent the shadows on the walls in many areas look too consistent, I would
> expect them to darken a bit as they get into corners etc..

The radiosity settings are not optimal I think. For a high quality
render of this street, they would have to be improved.

> I assume you have ambient_light set to zero in the scene? (looking at the
> darkness inside the windows would point to this being set I guess).

ambient_light is set at default. I fooled you! ;-) The inside of the
windows is a surface with pigment {rgb <0,0,0>} as the inside of the
houses are of no concern. In a later stage, most will get shutters
and/or bars.

> Will look more closely before I comment again ;-)

No, please do! It helps me to look at coding details I may overlook.

Thomas