POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Relocation : Re: Relocation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relocation
From: scott
Date: 11 Apr 2013 03:39:46
Message: <516668c2$1@news.povray.org>
> Because, you know, when the principle is drastically more money than you
> will ever own, and the term is the rest of your entire working life,
> compound interest is pretty steep...

Don't worry about it, you can swap to another product as soon as any
offer period is over - and usually it's a good idea to do so as the bank
will revert you to some ridiculous rate by default. I found 2 year
fixed/tracker (as the base rate won't likely change any time soon) to be
a good compromise.

Also I'm sure you're aware they try to take advantage of people intent
on the lowest interest rate or lowest initial fee by offering various
combinations of fee/interest rate. Just set up an Excel sheet with it
all in (including any offers like cashback) and see which leaves you
best off after a few years (not after 30 years!).

> On the one hand, I don't want to slow things down any more than they
> already are. On the other hand, I want to find the best deal.

Use the internet (comparison websites are a good place to start, then
move on to the banks themselves), websites are open 24/7 and once you've
found the one you want I've found most banks have phonelines open quite
late in the evening to answer any questions or set things up.